Do you want to know how to make black slime? Black slime is very cool. You can make your black slime glossy, sparkly, matte… For a matte finish you should use white glue and black food coloring. I used clear glue to make this black slime so it’s glossy. Black slime also looks very pretty when you add glitter to it! You could also use black slime as the base to make magnetic slime.
If you would like to make glossy black slime, follow this easy recipe. This slime is one of my favorites! I use borax most of the times I make slime, but you can use any other activator you prefer, as liquid starch. I added black glitter to my black slime, but it would look even better if you add silver glitter. After letting the slime sit for a few days it will be more clear so you could see the glitter better.
- 1 bottle of Elmer’s Washable Clear Glue (5 oz/147 ml)
- Black food coloring
- Glitter (optional)
How to make Black Slime
- Make the borax mixture by adding 1 teaspoon of borax powder to 1 cup of warm water (hot tap water will work). Stir well to combine. Set aside.
- Empty the bottle of Elmer’s Clear Glue into a bowl.
- Add a few drops of black food coloring and stir well. Now it would be the time to add some glitter (optional).
- Add some of the borax mixture to the bowl and stir. Keep adding little by little until it begins to form. Don’t add too much activator or the slime will become stiff. Just use as much as you need to make the slime not sticky.
- Store in an airtight container and let it sit for a couple of days so it becomes more clear.