Ready to make some fluffy slime? The secret ingredient to get the perfect fluffy slime is shaving cream. For this recipe we are using same amounts of glue and shaving cream (1/2 cup), but if you want a bigger and fluffier slime, just add more shaving cream (3 or 4 cups). Since you have probably heard that borax is not a safe ingredient for kids, it’s better to use alternative ingredients such as saline solution. Adding the baking soda makes the slime less sticky and easier to manage.
For this recipe you will need 4 ingredients (5 if you are adding some color), but if you prefer a type of slime that is very stretchy and softer, you can add lotion (about 1/2 cup or so), just keep adding until you get your desired consistency. And the best part of adding scented lotion is that your slime will also smell great!
We love this key lime pie color, don’t you? To get this same color you will need to add green and yellow food coloring (6 drops of green and 2 drops of yellow).
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE FLUFFY SLIME
- 1 bottle of Elmer’s Washable Glue (4FL OZ/118ml), which equals to 1/2 a cup
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of shaving cream
- saline solution (about 1 teaspoon or as needed)
- food coloring (optional)
- Empty the glue into a bowl. Add the baking soda and mix well using a spoon or spatula.
- Add the shaving cream and mix thoroughly.
- Add the food coloring (any color you want, make it pop!). Mix well.
- Now, to get rid of the stickiness, add saline solution little by little, about 1/4 tablespoon at a time. Add more contact solution as needed and mix well until you get the desired consistency. When it begins to form, take the slime out of the bowl and knead with your hands! Keep kneading and adding eye contact solution to it until you get the perfect fluffy not sticky slime texture.
- Keep it in an airtight container when not playing with it.