White or clear glue? Which one is better? There is no really a better one, they just work differently when making slime. White Glue is Water-Based, while Clear Glue is Solvent-Based. Just make sure you are using a type of glue that contains PVA!
CLEAR GLUE FOR SLIME
Clear Glue is the type of glue you need to make clear slime. Some types of slime, like Jelly Cube Slime, Avalanche Slime or Glitter Clear Slime are made with clear glue. When making Clear Slime using clear glue there are some things you need to know:
- Clear slime is not easy to make. When adding the activator, the slime always becomes cloudy. This is because of the air bubbles that form into your slime. You will need to let it sit for a few days until it becomes clear.
- When using clear glue you get a thicker slime, so you might need to add some water to your slime.
- To make crystal clear slime is better to use borax.
- Clear glue is great for making slime with brighter colors, or when you want to show off the confetti or glitter on the slime.
WHITE GLUE FOR SLIME
White Glue makes great slime. It’s cheaper than clear glue and you can use it to make many different types os slime, like Butter Slime, Iceberg Slime, Candle Slime… or just any fluffy slime, stretchy slime or basic slime. Some facts about White Glue for making Slime are:
- White glue will need more amount of food coloring than when using clear slime. Colors won’t be as deep, since you are mixing it with the white in the glue.
- Glitter and confetti won’t show off in a slime made with white glue as well as it shows in clear slime.
- White glue makes a stretchier slime than when using clear glue.
So, what do you think? Do you prefer white or clear glue to make slime? I think they are both great and it’s a good thing to have different types of glue to be able to make different types of slime, so you can always have fun trying new things. And mixing white glue slime with clear glue slime is super fun too!