In another post I already showed you how to make Fluffy Slime without borax, so this time I want to tell you how to make it with borax. I tried all the activators you can use to make slime and borax is my favorite, but if you don’t feel like using it, just try my other recipe.
Every type of slime has a secret ingredient. For example, to make jiggly slime you need to add water, to make jelly cube slime you need to add magic erasers, or to make butter slime you will need cornstarch (or soft clay). In this case, to make fluffy slime the secret ingredient is shaving cream.
Fluffy slime is one of the most popular slimes because it’s very easy and fun to make and the texture is very nice. You can add as much shaving cream as you want. The more the fluffier! And then just add some food coloring to make it very pretty, or leave it white so it looks like whipped cream.
- 1 bottle of Elmer’s White Glue (4fl oz/118ml), which equals to 1/2 a cup
- shaving cream
- food coloring (optional)
How to make Fluffy Slime with Borax
- Make the borax mixture by adding 1 teaspoon of borax powder to 1 cup of warm water (hot tap water will work). Stir well to combine. Set aside.
- Pour the glue into a bowl.
- Add food coloring and stir well.
- Add the shaving cream and mix thoroughly. Add as much as you want. The more you add the bigger and fluffier your slime will be.
- Add some of the borax mixture to the bowl and stir. Keep adding little by little until it begins to form. When the mixture is not too sticky anymore, you can take the slime out of the bowl and begin kneading with your hands. Be careful not to add too much activator or the slime will become stiff. Just add as much as you need to make the slime stretchy and not sticky.
- Store the slime in an airtight container when not playing with it.